I went back to work yesterday for the first time in a month. I took some time off to finish out last semester well and spend a few weeks at home with my family. It was well worth it, although today my entire body hurts, since I am no longer used to spending twelve hours on my feet. I really do enjoy my job, though, and am so thankful to be working somewhere close to where I live and go to school.
As I reflected on 2013, I was impressed by the goodness and faithfulness of the Lord. As I read through journal entries from January of 2013, I realized that the prayers I was praying then were answered throughout the year, prayers of my heart that were penned in moments of uncertainty, many times accompanied by tears. How good it is to remember and to reflect on the faithfulness of God!
Even though it is already January 7th, I am going to list a few highlights of my 2013. I blogged about many of them, but am just going to recap! I loved last year, even though the joys were accompanied by struggles. I think that is the beauty of life, really. The tears make the laughter sweeter.
- My best friend Kaity visiting me in New York (January)
- Meeting and dating Joshua North (January and February)
- Attending the Kingdom Conference in Redding, California (February)
- Joshua visiting me in NY and throwing me a surprise b-day party (March)
- Visiting the grandparents, aunt, uncle, and cousins in Kentucky. I also got to see my friend Brooke! (April)
- Second visit to Redding - going on a segway tour over the Sundial Bridge (April)
- Going home for a couple of weeks before summer (May)
- Summer adventures with Steph and Quinn (June)
- New job in the Bronx! (July)
- Joshua returning to the East Coast! (July)
- Wedding celebrations of Steph and Sairam, Marco and Chantelle (August)
- Surprising my family with a 4 day visit home (September)
- Missions department retreat in New Jersey (September)
- Apple picking, pumpkin hunting, fall adventures (October)
- Thanksgiving dinner two days early with friends, eating dinner in the car on Thanksgiving with my love on my break at work, Black Friday shopping at midnight (November)
- ATS Christmas party - ugly sweater contest! (December)
- Christmas at home with my family and Joshua (December)
I really am so blessed! Praying that 2014 is a year of growing, laughing, and falling more deeply in love with Jesus every day. Happy 2014!