Thursday, May 16, 2013

Adventures with...

        I am devoting this post to explaining why I have been mostly absent from the blogging world so far this year. Two words. Well, a name, actually: Joshua North.  Now this could get a little cheesy, but I'm prepared for eye-rolls - doesn't bother me in the least. 
     This man is the reason I've been so incredibly scattered over the past few months, both in my head and literally - all over the country.  We started dating in February, after meeting in January at my church in New York while he was visiting friends and then talking long-distance for a month - him in California, me in New York.  
      Before meeting Josh, I had never been to northern California.  I have now been 3 times.  Actually, there were a lot of things I'd never done before meeting Josh. Which is why I'm introducing him on my blog.  Those of you who know me know I love adventure.  Dating Joshua has most definitely been an adventure in itself, but we've also had many other adventures along the way!  I will be sharing our adventures as they happen, because my life is an adventure and he is now a part of my life!  

      
      We took this picture on one of our many adventures. When I was in Redding last week, we decided to hike up to Whiskeytown Falls, which is about a 20 minute drive.  The hike was a little more difficult than anticipated, but the view was so worth it!  This was just one of the fun things we have done together, like a segway tour along the Sacramento River, a "picnic" in the middle of the floor in my apartment,  exploring Old Sacramento just because, and webcam coffee dates when we're 3,000 miles away from each other.  
       Josh has made my life a bit more colorful and given me one more reason to smile every day.  And he even likes coffee!  So, now that I've given you a small introduction to this new man in my life, stay tuned for the many more stories of the many more adventures that will most definitely occur in the days and months ahead! 

No comments:

Post a Comment