Friday, February 1, 2013

February Blogging

      I would say some major blogging is in order! My computer was broken for most of the month of January, hence my absence from the blogging world. I suppose I could have typed something out from my phone, but I've been entirely too tired to think about typing on that little screen. I promise that February will be a great blogging month! 
      January was really great. After I got back from Oklahoma, it was only a few days before my best friend Kaity came to visit. This month marks our fifteenth year of friendship, so it was such a blessing to be able to celebrate together! She was in New York for 8 days, which was the perfect amount of time. We visited my friend Colleen and my cousin Ruth in Brooklyn, ate chocolate cake at The Chocolate Room (Oprah's favorite cake, of course!), explored Manhattan, got lost in New Jersey more times than I would like to admit, went to a basketball game to watch her cousin coach, and hung out in Long Island for a few days. So much fun! It was sad when she left, but made me excited for the next time we get to see each other! 
      As some of you know, due to a number of circumstances, I now work two hours away from where I live and go to school.  Call me crazy, but it was a great opportunity and I am really loving the job. I'm back in the emergency room....just typing that makes me smile! For now I can't really imagine being anywhere else.  The commute makes life a little crazy, along with the fact that I'm working nights. Most days I have a hard time remembering if I should be asleep or awake, coming or going.  Definitely a huge lifestyle change!
      I started classes last week, which was so good! I'm so excited for my classes this semester. While I'm already exhausted, I just keep thanking the Lord over and over, in awe of how amazing He is and so aware of the fact that it is only by His grace that I make it through each day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment