Monday, December 3, 2012

Red

     
      Red is a popular color. When I think of red, many things come to mind: stop signs, little cartoon characters when they get mad, an album by a country singer whom I will not name, the current color on my fingers and toes.  But the most prominent thing that comes to mind when I think of red this time of year is Christmas (and Starbucks' Christmas cups)!  At Christmastime, red brings a smile to my face. It reminds me of presents and ho ho ho's and candy canes and Christmas ornaments. How happy is that?! But the color red goes deeper than all of these things.
      As I was thinking of all of these red things, the thought came to mind: the color red changed my life. Red is the color of the blood that was shed on the cross by my beautiful Savior so that I may be forever His. Red is the color of love. 


And they sang a new song, saying,
“Worthy are you to take the scroll
    and to open its seals,
for you were slain, and by your blood you ransomed people for God
    from every tribe and language and people and nation,
 and you have made them a kingdom and priests to our God,
    and they shall reign on the earth.” 
                                                             Revelation 5:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment