Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Wednesday Workout!

"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 'The Lord is my portion,' says my soul, 'therefore I will hope in him.'"
Lamentations 3:22-24
    
      I am up earlier than normal this morning because my friend Kristi decided she was going to work out at 6.  So of course I joined her, since it's way too hard for me to get out of bed and go to the gym without accountability. I ran/walked for 30 minutes and then Kristi showed me a free weights routine. I feel so awake right now, it's crazy!  Probably a very good thing, since I'm planning on spending the majority of the day in the library. 
      A "nor'easter" is headed New York's way today, so I'm blogging early just in case the power goes out again.  I am praying hard that it doesn't.  Some people in the area are still without from Hurricane Sandy.  

What I am thankful for today: 

1) A workout buddy

2) Clean water 

3) A warm bed to snuggle into when it is 30 degrees outside

4) That I live in a country where I have the freedom to vote

5) The large zebra lamp that I bought at a Korean garage sale for $10

6) The job that I know God is going to provide for me here in New York

7) Fuzzy Christmas tree socks

Praying your Wednesday is full of God's mercies, for they are new every morning!  


2 comments:

  1. Yes to the fuzzy Christmas tree socks! Life is so much better with fuzzy socks. That may be the only thing I ask for for Christmas. I generally hate socks, but when they're fuzzy... oh, joy! :D

    I'm grateful for Icelandic sagas. :) You probably should be, too. Also, for sunny days and guitars and days with no classes. And coffee makers and hot showers and beds that are so comfortable that you don't want to get up in the morning. And stickers! And too many books. And the fact that I can throw away all of my political pamphlets that I've for some reason let accumulate on my desk. And for friends that build up and remind me to be thankful and encourage me to seek God and look outside of myself, no matter how confusing life is. Because, when you get outside of yourself, it really isn't that confusing, after all. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life is indeed so much better with fuzzy socks! So many things for which to be thankful all the time!

      Delete