Sunday, November 18, 2012

Oh, Glorious Day!

      You know those days when everything seems perfect and when you sit down at the end of the day to reflect the only thing you can do is smile? Today was one of those days.  My friend Kristi and I try to make Sundays adventure days when we can, free from homework and full of new, fun, New Yorkish things.  We have been wanting to do a photo shoot for a couple of months now, since Kristi loves taking pictures and I love being in them.  Even after the hurricane, many trees are still clinging to their colorful leaves and the sun was shining this afternoon, so today was the day!  We wandered up and down a neighborhood street and then went down by the river, where I pretended to be a model and Kristi snapped away.  It was so much fun! 
      The photo shoot made us hungry, so we went to Amici's where we both enjoyed delicious slices of New York style pizza - tomato for me and spinach for Kristi (my third time for pizza in a week and a half - I never eat this much pizza!).  I am becoming quite the fan of vegetables on my pizza! 
      After dinner, we were in a quandary as to what should come next.  We decided to cross the Tappan Zee Bridge and explore White Plains.  After an hour, we were in the car headed back across the bridge.  It goes without saying that we didn't find anything exciting to do.  Except walk through Walmart - something that we don't get to do very often.  Definitely more exciting in theory than in actuality, especially when one has no money to spend.  We ended the evening with a trip to Dunkin Donuts back in Nyack.  Coffee and two donuts when we only paid for one! One can never go wrong with green frosted sprinkle donuts in the shape of a star! 
      I am thankful for a friend who is as adventurous as I am, for the ability to laugh, and for a God who loves to bless His children with glorious days.  So tonight I will go to bed with a smile on my face, for I am blessed and loved by God.  Happy Thanksgiving week, friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment