Saturday, November 10, 2012

NYC on the Train

      The past couple of days have been full of reading and paper writing, as I was trying frantically to complete assignments before my date with family in the city.  My cousin Ruth texted me a couple days ago and asked if I could make a trip into the city today because her parents are here for a few days.  Of course I jumped at the chance to go to the city and see family!  Ruth said parking has been crazy since the hurricane, so I rode the train, which I decided is way more relaxing than trying to dodge crazy New Yorkers for an hour and a half.  I met Uncle Lee, Aunt Joella, and Ruth at Grand Central Station, and then we walked a few miles to a restaurant in Chelsea, where Uncle Lee had made reservations.  Three course Mexican dinner - yum!  Guava cream cheese empanadas. Need I say more?  

Today, I am thankful for: 

1) My proximity New York City and and that I can make trips spontaneously with little to no inconvenience. 

2) My aunt and uncle and the opportunity I've had this year to get to know them better. 

3) Daily chats with my mom - couldn't ask for a better best friend! 

4) Public transportation - I always see the most interesting people when I travel into the city. 

5) Pandora - I lost my ipod a few weeks ago, so it's been a blessing to be able to listen to music on my phone! 

6) Pictures - taking them, looking at them, being in them - love it! 

7) My car - I don't know what I would do without one! 

8) Running water 

9) The freedom to own and read the Bible 

10) The unfailing, unconditional love of my Father 

Have a beautiful Sunday, friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment