Friday, November 30, 2012

He is the Potter

      This week I have not been thinking about blogging, as there have been a lot of things going on in my life.  So, I will take a few moments to catch you up on the happenings!
      I am once again employed as an RN!  Praise the Lord! After five months of  applying, waiting, praying, waiting, and praying some more, God opened the doors at a job at the hospital here in Nyack.  I will be working in the MICU - medical intensive care unit. I know it will be very different from the emergency room, but I look forward to the new challenges. Night shift, here I come!  Expect many posts about daytime sleeping adventures, coffee, and balancing work and school.  At this point I am hoping to keep my full-time status at seminary, but I will see how the next month goes before making a final decision. 
      The only thing that can be said about this whole thing is that God is faithful. He has never given up on me, even when I was angry and frustrated and kept asking Him why. He never told me why, by the way. And I don't feel the need to know. What I do know is that He has a plan for me and that everything that happens in every season of my life is for a purpose.  
      Last night in my spiritual formation class (I feel like I use that phrase a lot - such a good class!), a potter did a presentation with clay.  He spoke about God as the potter, as found in Isaiah 64:8: "But now, O Lord, you are our Father; we are the clay, and you are our potter; we are all the work of your hand." He described the amount pressure that the potter must put on the clay, even though it hurts the clay, in order to fashion it into something of beauty.  Even when the clay dries out, the potter does not give up on it, because he paid a price for it. That was the part that struck me the most. Why would God ever give up on me? Out of His love for me, He paid a price for me, and He will never give up on molding me into a beautiful vessel. Praise to the One who picks me up in my brokenness and turns the wounds into beautiful scars that echo songs of His faithfulness. 


"But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us." 2 Corinthians 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment