Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Colorful People

      
      Tonight, my friends and I celebrated Thanksgiving early with a multicultural dinner. Korean barbecue was the main course, accompanied by thoroughly American sides: stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, and cranberries in the shape of a can.  Lea, my friend who came from Harvard to spend the weekend, fit in beautifully with the group. As we sat around heaping plates of delicious food, we all shared what we are thankful for and decided that we are all thankful for diversity. Someone referred to us as "colorful people."  I started thinking about that.  We are colorful people because God is a colorful God. How boring would the world be if everything in nature was the exact same shape and color, or if every person thought, looked, and acted the same? My world has definitely become more colorful since I moved to New York, and for that I am thankful.  How blessed I am to serve a creative and colorful God!  

No comments:

Post a Comment