Monday, November 12, 2012

Be Not Anxious

      
      God has been pulling me into my favorite passage of Scripture in Matthew 6 for the past two days.  I do not know if I had ever read it in the ESV before, and it spoke to me in an all new way when I read it yesterday. In the NIV, the words are "do not worry," while in the ESV, the words are "do not be anxious."  Who knew better than God that I have been anxious for the past few weeks, worrying and stressing over things that are beyond my control?  
      The verse that has really stood out to me is verse 27: "And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to the span of his life?"  My mom told me last night that worrying does not change my situation one bit.  Being anxious about something does not change it, it just gives me headaches and makes me tired.  Today, I am thankful for the promise of Matthew 6:33: "But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."  
      As I sit here sipping my favorite tea, I am thankful that I rest in the arms of the One who tells me to not be anxious.  He is the only One with whom I can fully entrust all of my burdens, knowing that He can turn the most hopeless of situations into something beautiful.  Be not anxious, my friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment