Thursday, October 4, 2012

Day 4: Thankful


https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?ui=2&ik=31306fd78d&view=att&th=13a23cba00ff054a&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=1414759976158625792-1&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P9o032--Y2p1wwRLLdF8c_g&sadet=1349403790105&sads=tgtyORrotDEue0Z9OknCh8-fOkA&sadssc=1
Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs,and don't forget to thank him for his answer.  If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand.  His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:6-7 

      This week, I have found it hard to be thankful.  It has been rainy and yucky outside, I miss my family, and I'm completely overwhelmed with class work.  Tonight in my Spiritual Formation class, the topic was prayer.  The thought that kept running through my head when I was thinking about praying was "don't forget to thank Him for His answer."  My parents always tell me to thank God for what He's already done, even I don't physically see the results yet.  It was a much needed reminder today.  What a promise: don't worry, tell God what you need, thank Him, be at peace.  So simple!  Short, I know, and nothing I haven't said before, but I hope you can draw encouragement from it! 

I am thankful for:

- A phone that allows me to talk with my family every day
- Hot tea
- Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (a staple for me lately)
- A God who never forgets about me, even when I forget to thank Him 
- A nursing job in New York, even though I don't know where it is yet

What do you need to thank God for today? 





No comments:

Post a Comment