Sunday, October 7, 2012

Day 7: Street Fair

"I cannot endure to waste anything as precious as autumn sunshine by staying in the house. So I spend almost all the daylight hours in the open air."
Nathaniel Hawthorne

      This weekend has been lovely.  Today after church, my friend Kristi and I walked downtown to the monthly street fair.  The weather was kind of sunny when we woke up this morning, but it started misting in the early afternoon.  Even with the rain and the chilliness, it was perfect. We walked around for a while, then stopped at a tavern for lunch.  It was a little ways off of Main Street, so was less crowded than the rest of the restaurants.  I enjoyed a large hamburger, and then we set out to look at the rest of the booths.  We met up with a couple of other friends from seminary, tried on lots of jewelry, and I even found a few bargains at the thrift store!  I'm so thankful for new friends who like having adventures as much as I do!

1 comment:

  1. The quote by Hawthorne is fantastic. I think he may be one of my favorites, after all. This street fair sounds fantastic... Wish I could be adventuring with you! (By the way, I'm warming up some apple cider right now and I'm super excited. I'm so glad it's fall!)

    ReplyDelete