Friday, October 5, 2012

Day 5: New York City

      Three weeks ago, I spent the weekend in Brooklyn with my cousin Ruth.  I had never been into New York City before, except for the time when I spontaneously decided to drive around the city.  On Friday morning, I went to Queens with some classmates for the Keeping Fire Alive conference that we needed to go to for a class.  After the conference, my friend Eddie took me to Staten Island and we rode the ferry over to Manhattan.  I was trying my hardest to not look like a tourist, but after a while I gave up and went over the side to take pictures of Lady Liberty.  
     After I got off the ferry, I said goodbye to Eddie and braved the subway on my own.  I met Ruth at Madison Square Park, where we had yummy banana bread custard from the Shake Shack.  We watched a lightsaber battle in the park, which didn't seem at all out of place, and then headed back to Ruth's apartment.  I instantly fell in love with the city.  It was so beautiful and big and filled with lots of interesting things and people.  That evening, my friend Colleen met us at a restaurant in their neighborhood and we enjoyed a lovely dinner.  We then went to The Chocolate Room, where I ate the best coffee ice cream I had ever had in my life. Yum! 
      Saturday was filled with the farmers' market, people watching in the park, Gilmore Girls, and dinner at Ruth's with my cousins from Kentucky.  On Sunday, we went to the Yankees game, and I cheered for Yankees (sorry, Dad).  I then rode the train home all by myself.  It was such a fun time!  I can't wait to go back and explore more of the city!

No comments:

Post a Comment