Monday, October 1, 2012

Day 1: Happy October!

      Fall is finally here!  October is my favorite month of the year, so happy October 1st!  In honor of my favorite month, I have decided to blog every day this month.  I took the challenge last October to blog every day on a common theme, which was fun but more difficult than anticipated.  I couldn't think of a specific theme this year, but am instead hoping that by blogging every day for 31 days I will be inspired to blog more frequently than usual.  If you have any blog suggestions or anything specific you'd like to hear from me, please let me know!
      This week marks the beginning of my fifth week of seminary classes.  God has been faithful to me day by day, providing everything exactly when I have need.  I came here knowing nothing about Nyack and the surrounding area, jobless and trusting God to provide.  On Thursday during the first week of classes, I was stressed about money (or the lack of), and began to cry out to God in my frustration.  I prayed, "God, if I don't get a job by the drop-add date next Wednesday, I'm pulling out of my classes and moving home."  I have never prayed a prayer so sincerely in all of my life.  I know it's probably not a good idea to give God mandates, but He saw me in my frustration and answered my prayer!  That evening, I got an email about a babysitting job, had an interview the next day, and left the interview on Friday with not one but two babysitting jobs.  I have been babysitting for three weeks now and am loving it!  I have never enjoyed watching children as much as I enjoy these three.  I am continuing to wait on the state of New York to give up my nursing license, but am so thankful for the way God has chosen to provide during this time.  He never ceases to amaze me!
      Nyack has definitely not grown on me.  I don't even prefer it to Oklahoma, which is really weird.  However, the "village" of Nyack does have a lovely downtown, which I find excuses to explore almost daily.  Both of the families I babysit for live near downtown, so I walk there frequently.  The one child is 1.5 and loves to take walks in his stroller.  We walk to Memorial Park at least once a week, where we chase ducks who hang out on the Hudson River.  The park overlooks the Hudson River and the Tappen Zee Bridge, so I never mind going since the view is always spectacular. 
     My life is definitely an adventure.  I never know what the next day is going to bring, which could definitely be scary if I didn't know the One who does.  Since I do know Him and I know that He loves me and has wonderful plans for my life, I'm learning to sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment