Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Day 2: Fall Means....Apple Crisp!

      "Embrace the current season of your life." Gabrielle Blair

      October, day 2!  My day started quite well: I slept in, woke up to the sun shining, did a 50 minute Zumba workout from YouTube courtesy of a group from Hull College in the UK, and ate breakfast at 11:00.  By the time I left for babysitting at 11:50, the sun was no longer shining and the sky was gray and drizzly.  The rain carried on all afternoon.  Needless to say, I was cold and wet when I arrived home at 5:30.  I usually study at the library on Tuesday evenings, but there was no way I was going back out in the chilly dampness.  So, I settled in for a lovely fall evening: hot bubble bath, pasta for one, decaf chai tea, minimal studying.  
      I've been planning on making apple crisp since Thursday, when I purchased delicious apples from the apple orchard stand at the farmers' market.  I had eaten all but two apples, so I decided that tonight was the night to treat myself.  If you didn't already know, I'm obsessed with apple crisp and will find any excuse to make it!  Apple crisp in an orange ramekin.....so fallish!  And quite delicious :)  Hope your Tuesday was as yummy as mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment