Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Day 31: I Made It!

      Day 31 of 31 Days of October Blogging!  I'm really excited that I finished all of them, power outage and all.  I am blogging from the pull-out couch in my cousin's Brooklyn apartment, where my friend Kristi and I retreated earlier today.  Classes are canceled for the rest of the week and the word is that Nyack could be out of power for as long as ten more days.  
      As I sit here thinking about the past few days, I feel so blessed.  The reality of the hurricane is setting in after walking downtown Nyack last night, watching the news this afternoon, and hearing the stories my cousin and her roommate have heard simply living in the city.  Overwhelmed doesn't begin to describe how I'm feeling right now.  Please continue to keep the city and surrounding areas in your prayers, especially those who lost loved ones and homes due to the hurricane and the fire that swept through Queens.  
      October has been a good month, the past few days included.  God has remained faithful through the ups and downs, the happy and sad days, and the times I could and couldn't feel Him.  The month was full of trips to the city, apple picking, pumpkin-flavored yummies, and answers to tearful prayers.      I hope that your October was as lovely as mine.  "Finally, brothers, rejoice. Aim for restoration, comfort one another, agree with one another, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you. The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all." (2 Corinthians 13:11,14)

No comments:

Post a Comment