Friday, October 26, 2012

Day 26: Hurricane Sandy

      Today was definitely a typical fall day for Nyack: overcast and humid.  Gross.  Although it's probably partially because we're about to get a huge storm courtesy of Hurricane Sandy.  I was oblivious that she may make a visit on Monday until the lady I babysit for said she may not need my services next week if school is canceled, since she teaches.  I should probably pay closer attention to current events, especially if they affect me, like a ginormous hurricane headed towards my home.  
      Waiting to see what the weather does is not new to me, due to the fact that I grew up in Oklahoma, also known as "Tornado Alley."  As I'm sitting here pondering the thought that I have no idea what Monday will bring, I'm realizing that that is also true of life in general.  We really have no idea what the next minute will bring, let alone the next hour, day, week, month, or year.  Life is full of bends in the road, bends that hide what comes next until we are right at the turn.  Just a reminder to enjoy every moment, because we really don't know what tomorrow may bring.  Also a reminder of how thankful I am to belong to the One who holds the future, who isn't surprised by hurricanes with random female names, and who will never let me go, no matter what's around the next bend in the road.  

No comments:

Post a Comment