Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Day 24: Panera and Pumpkin Brownies

Today, I went to Panera Bread for the second time in a week. Yes, I even drove to the one in New Jersey because the people are nicer there than the one closest to me in New York.  Actually, I Mapquested it and the one in New Jersey is only one mile farther than the one in Nanuet. So, New Jersey it was!   I had a bowl of delicious Chicken Sonoma Stew, which was absolutely perfect for a rainy Wednesday.  I also had a bottomless cup of coffee with lots of cinnamon and honey (if you haven't tried it, you're missing out bigtime!).  I caught up on some reading as I sipped away on my coffee, enjoying my afternoon of nothingness.  
      Tonight, I tried a baking adventure: pumpkin brownies.  It's almost the end of October and I had yet to make anything pumpkin - that simply would not do!  So, I mixed pumpkin with my favorite thing after coffee - chocolate.  I had a few girls over for a Bible study tonight, so I decided to use them as guinea pigs - the brownies were a hit!  I tried taking a picture of them, but it looked gross (so far from reality), so I didn't post it.  I'll just say that if you haven't ever tried pumpkin brownies, you should.  Probably you should tomorrow, since we're running out of October.  Oh, and just in case you don't like the idea of so much butter and sugar, they still taste delicious if you cut back a little.  Because a quarter cup less of butter makes me feel healthier.  Happy brownie making!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, those sound delightful. I wish I had cinnamon and honey in my dorm, because that sounds just as wonderful as those brownies. My friend Michelle gave me a recipe for pumpkin cheesecake brownies, and they are delicious!! I will have to try to make them when I go home for Thanksgiving. :D I LOVE pumpkin anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, make them! You won't be sorry! And definitely try cinnamon and honey asap. You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete