Sunday, October 21, 2012

Day 21: So You Think You Can Cook?

    
      So, I've been thinking about starting a new blog entitled: "So You Think You Can Cook?"  Thinking about it as in I thought of it just as I was about to start this blog post.  One of my goals for my on-my-own life is to learn how to cook.  I cook a little, but I am just beginning to enjoy it.  The stress that used to be associated with cooking is thankfully fading away!  Tonight I made a yummy chicken dish and seasoned potatoes, complemented by spinach salad and macaroni and cheese (courtesy of my friend David).  I didn't have all the spices for the chicken and I forgot the soy sauce, but I didn't burn it and it was just the right brownness!  I expected the potatoes (tossed in olive oil, Italian seasoning, and salt, sprinkled with mozzarella/provolone cheese) to be crispy, which they weren't, but they still tasted good.  My friends Kristi and David enjoyed the meal - a reward for all of the studying we did today!  We had study sessions in New Jersey at Starbucks and Panera Bread this afternoon - it was such a great day!  Anyway, I am going to begin pondering the new blog idea - but don't worry, it will never be too late for coffee! 

2 comments:

  1. That looks so good!!!!! You should try to Panko Bread crumbs for a good crispness.

    ReplyDelete