Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Day 17: Distraction

      I'm just going to be honest, today I've been very distracted.  I had a job interview this morning that lasted so much longer than I thought it would, meaning that I was exhausted from trying so hard, which kind of threw the rest of my day off.  I can't seem to focus on anything important or stick with one task for very long at all.  I even almost forgot to blog today!  But sitting here tonight on my bed, attempting to tackle the large stack of assignments piling up, the Lord reminded me to focus on Him in the midst of it all. I've been getting distracted by my job situation, by class work, by homesickness, by every day life, and have forgotten the One who brought me here in the first place.  How sweet it is to be pursued by the Creator of the skies, to be gently pulled into His arms and reminded to take a breath and enjoy Him for a moment, to let everything else fade away and simply be loved by Him. 










I will praise you, Lord, among the nations;

    I will sing of you among the peoples.

For great is your love, higher than the heavens;

    your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
Be exalted, O God, above the heavens;
    let your glory be over all the earth.
Psalm 108:3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment