Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Day 16: A Morning Run

The leaves are finally changing! Yay for fall! 
       Today was a much more peaceful day than yesterday.  I woke thinking of the verse, "sorrow may last for a night, but joy comes with the morning (Psalm 30:5).  I really did awake in complete peace, ready for the day. Praise the Lord! My friend Kristi wanted to work out this morning, so we headed to the gym at 7, only to find that the gym was closed.  So, we ran down to the river instead.  Now if you know me, you know that running is not exactly on my favorite hobbies list.  However, I quite enjoyed it this morning.
My spectacular view this morning.
      Kristi of course is way faster than I am, so I jogged at my super slow pace behind her, jamming out to the newly discovered Pop and Hip Hop Power Workout Radio on Pandora.  I must say it was way fun to jog to Call Me Maybe.  Made my morning!  I got to the river before Kristi, since she wanted to run longer than I did.  I stood there by the river, gazing over the water and thinking about how awesome God is. He certainly is spectacular and I'm so blessed to be His.  I may make jogging to the river in the morning a regular habit!


No comments:

Post a Comment