Thursday, October 11, 2012

Day 11: God Knows Best


  I wait quietly before God,
    for my victory comes from him.
 He alone is my rock and my salvation,
    my fortress where I will never be shaken.
Psalm 62:1-2 

       I have  always had a hard time waiting.  And being quiet while I wait.  The past few months have been constant waiting, waiting for the next thing, waiting to see what God does.  I will admit that I haven't been the most cheerful waiter for the majority of the time.  I may say that I'm waiting and being patient, but really I'm trying to control my circumstances and make things happen on my own.  The other night I was having a heart to heart with my friend Kristi and she challenged me to stop thinking about what I want and to instead lay down my will and ask what God wants.  At first I was a little upset that she told me that, but only because I knew she was right.  That night and into the next morning I surrendered my will to God, choosing to trust in Him instead of a job for provision.  Let me just say that He has blessed me with overwhelming joy and peace in exchange for the anxiety that came from trying to control my circumstances.  Not my will, but Yours be done, oh Lord.  
https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?ui=2&ik=31306fd78d&view=att&th=13a52ae3e5d4cdda&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=1415584800403619840-1&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P9o032--Y2p1wwRLLdF8c_g&sadet=1350012281145&sads=wocIQSZSEZ4ldOURjw3Gen2BAhc&sadssc=1
 "God always gives his best to those who leave the choice with Him." Jim Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment