Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Day 10: This is Why I'm Here

IMAG0279.jpg
"The visionary who is serving God ceases to live for personal ambition, but rather for God's ambitions."  George Barna
      Chapel at ATS is every Wednesday at 2:30 in the afternoon.  I've gotten in the habit of attending every week since I don't work or have classes on Wednesdays.  Today, however, was a special day.  The Alliance Graduate School of Missions was in charge of chapel today and I volunteered to welcome students to chapel.  Our International Workers in Residence are from a Middle Eastern country, so the missions students all dressed in "traditional garb," aka scarves wrapped around our heads.  Leah and I had so much fun playing the part! We are excellent greeters, by the way. 
      As I sat there in chapel listening to the international workers share stories of God's faithfulness and the work He is doing through them overseas, I was reminded that this is why I'm here.  This is why I moved hundreds of miles away from my family to a strange state filled with strange people to attend a school I had never seen.  God gently reminded me of the dream He sowed in my heart ten plus years ago and that that dream is why I'm here.  Praise Jesus for the reminder that He who called me is faithful and that I am exactly where I'm supposed to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment