Thursday, August 23, 2012

Life Update!

      Hello!  It has been a while since I've blogged, so I decided I better give a quick life update.  Camp officially ended on the 17th of August, but I am staying an extra week, since seminary classes don't begin until September 5th.  I'm just doing odd jobs around the ranch, like laundry, kitchen duty, and housekeeping.  My main job is to wash over 100 sets of linens before tomorrow, and I am actually doing quite well.  I am proud to say that I am now an expert at folding fitted sheets!  My friend Mel stayed as well, so I have a roommate in my trailer - it's been a fun time!  Next week we're just going to hang out around Michigan before heading up to New York by way of Toronto.  I must say I'm super excited to finally set foot in Canada!
      Tonight, a guy here at camp is teaching me how to change the oil in my car.  Definitely a life skill I will never be sorry to know.  A tire changing lesson is somewhere in the near future as well!  This summer, and particularly in the past week, God has been teaching me to rely fully on Him, especially but not only in the lonely moments.  He has been using the people around me to remind me to take one day at a time, to trust Him with the details, and to take time to enjoy the life He's given me.  Stay tuned for updates on my adventures - there will be plenty!

No comments:

Post a Comment