Thursday, June 7, 2012

This is Not Goodbye

      At this moment, I am sitting in the middle of my bedroom floor, surrounded by the majority of my possessions, most of which are spilling out of half-packed, tropical-print duffel bags.  Yes, the fact that I am leaving in ten hours is obviously not of concern to me, since I'm choosing to blog instead of pack.  Several people in the last couple of days have asked me to blog more often, so blog more often I will! 
      Yesterday was my last day of work in the emergency room.  I managed to hug all of my beloved co-workers with only a tear or two - how that happened I will never know.  To my OSU family: I love you and will miss you dearly.  Thank you for everything you have taught me, for all the times you've encouraged me, made me laugh, and pushed me to be better.  You've helped make me stronger and I wouldn't be the nurse I am today without you.  
      Tonight, my parents hosted a "'til we meet again party" at our church.  I decided I don't like the sound of a "goodbye party"...way too final.  So many dear friends came to hug me and wish me well, assuring me that I will be remembered in their prayers, for which I will be forever grateful.  It was such a blessing to see so many precious faces from all the different seasons of my life come together to send me off.  Jesus is so good to me!
      Through all of the hugs and "I'll miss yous" over the past two days, only one, the very last, actually caused tears to run down my face.  Why is it that sometimes we don't realize how significant a person is until we're faced with saying goodbye? 
      That's all for now, since packing is a must at this point.  And no worries, I'll keep you updated on all of my adventures, whether you like it or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment