Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Pops!

 I had yesterday off from work, so I told Josiah that we should take a small roadtrip.  He had never been to Pops in Arcadia, and neither had our friend Jeff, so we decided we'd go on an adventure. It turned out that we didn't get to leave until mid-afternoon and we had a time limit, but it turned out to be such a great time! We chose to travel Route 66 on the way there, which is definitely the scenic route!  It was fun just cruising to the tune of Angels and Airwaves, catching up and enjoying the greenness of spring outside the windows.  We arrived at Pops in the early evening and had quite the time picking out pop to bring home!  I'm not much of a pop drinker, but I'm pretty excited about the Agave Cola I found! I also bought a pink t-shirt - doesn't take much to make me happy :).  As you can tell from the pictures below, that statement applies to all three of us! 
 It was really good to do something spontaneous and just relax for a whole day! I had been to Pops before, but it was fun experiencing it through the eyes of pop lovers who had never seen it! We ate a yummy dinner of hamburgers at the 50's-style counter, which was also a big deal! 



The guys even fit in a bit of parkour...always a good time! It was so good to spend time together and just be silly and spontaneous! Funny how the simplest things in life bring the most joy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment