Monday, April 9, 2012

Catching Up

      The past few weeks have been full of adventures! The adventures began on March 27th, when I turned 23. I can't believe I'm so old! My birthday weekend included The Hunger Games with Josiah and friends from church, dinner with the family at Fuddrucker's, a viewing of The Muppets with my family and our friend Cody (we laughed the whole time!), and new Toms. I worked on my birthday, which was actually so fun! One of my coworkers baked me the most delicious chocolate cake ever, and I may or may not have had two rather large slices. That night, my mom made a yummy dinner, followed by sour cream raisin pie...yum!!!  I felt blessed and very loved! 
      The day after my birthday, Mom and Nate and I headed up to Iowa/Minnesota. Nate had his check-up at Mayo Clinic, so we stayed a couple nights with family friends in Iowa and then went to visit family in northwest Iowa.  I had never been to Rochester, Minnesota before, so I had so much fun exploring Mayo Clinic and the surrounding area. Nate and I had some fun with the Mayo Brothers, who hang out outside of the Mayo Building 365 days out of the year. I think they were glad for the company! 
       Between Nate's appointments Mom took us to Caribou Coffee, since we don't have one here and it is the best coffee ever!  I stocked up on whole bean coffee and bought a new water cup, since Mom would have given me "a look" if I'd dared to invest in another coffee mug.  We also visited Trader Joe's, which definitely gives Whole Foods a run for its money.  We snuck in lunch at Culver's, a yummy burger place that hasn't yet made its way to Oklahoma. I am now addicted to fried cheese - it's probably a good thing that I would have to drive three hours to a Culver's!  Nate got a good report from both of the doctors up there, for which we were so thankful! God is so good!
      We spent a day and a half with my mom's parents in Sioux Center, hanging out in their retirement apartment.  Grandpa insisted on taking a small drive to his father's farm, which was so fun! The picture at the top of this blog is from the farm. The buildings are run down, since the new owners don't live there, but it is still beautiful. I enjoyed walking around and taking pictures, since it really is part of my family's story.  
       This week, I worked three days and then slept a lot in preparation for my friend Sarah's bachelorette party.  I made pink zebra cookies (an idea from Pinterest), which actually turned out really cute! I just made my mom's peanut butter cookie recipe, added neon pink food coloring (actually half a tube), rolled the individual cookies in pink sugar, and after baking immediately added a Hershey's hug to the center. I was so proud of myself! Almost all of them got eaten at the party, so they were good, too! I love it when Pinterest ideas work out!
       We all had a fun time at the bachelorette party.  So excited for beautiful Sarah's wedding this weekend!  I will be traveling to Kansas on Friday for the lovely occasion, and I can't wait!
       Wow, I sound so busy from all of this!  There is more, but I think this is enough of a catch-up for now.  I hope everyone had a lovely day of celebrating our Savior's resurrection yesterday!  God continues to blow my mind on a daily basis!  Have a lovely week!

No comments:

Post a Comment