Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Happy March!


Spring has arrived! Really it doesn't feel much different than winter, since we didn't actually have very many cold days. I've been trying to spend more time outside than I normally do, which is working out pretty well for me. A couple of Saturdays ago, Ben and Nate and I decided to go on an adventure. We had no idea what we were going to do when we set out, but we ended up hanging out at three different parks over the course of a few hours. I hadn't had that much fun in a very long time! Of course it had nothing to do with the fact that I got to swing :)

 In my last blog post, I described why I hate change so much and that I was going to try to enjoy each moment as it came to me. Over the past few weeks, enjoying the moment has become a bit easier. I still have my restless moments, but God is teaching me to be still, to trust Him with the future, and to be thankful for the small things. Like swinging at the park with my brothers. Getting to spend time with them is definitely one of the perks of still living at home. Being best friends with my brothers is something I never want to take for granted! 
I got my hair cut on Monday, in a style that I've never tried before. Well of course I wanted to take pictures, since it definitely wouldn't look the same after I slept on it and tried to style it myself. If I've learned anything over the years it's been that I am not gifted at hair styling, especially when it comes to my own hair. Anyways, I bounced into my brothers' room about 9 o'clock in the evening and requested a photo shoot using Ben's web cam. He cheerfully obliged, and a thirty-minute session of picture-taking mixed with uproarious laughter ensued.  If you're my friend on Facebook, you've already seen how incredibly goofy we are.  But it was so fun!  

Since I'm working on thankfulness, here is my list based upon the last few weeks:


I am thankful for: 
1) Running. Never before have I been thankful for running, but I have been enjoying myself greatly over the last two weeks! 
2) Panera Bread. Their hazelnut coffee is the bomb! Plus, it's a great time to read in the morning. 
3) My friend Hannah. We've been meeting 2-3 times a week to walk together, which includes lots of heart-to-hearts. I wouldn't trade those times for anything! 
4) Waiting. Usually I hate waiting, but God is teaching me to trust Him in this season of my life that seems frustratingly endless. It's been a little rocky, but He's showing me that He has great things for me, even now when it seems my only job is to wait. 
5) Hot tea. I drink at least one cup of hot tea every day now, although coffee is still my #1. There's just something amazingly calming about sitting down with a hot cup of tea! 

No comments:

Post a Comment