Monday, January 16, 2012

Break Every Chain

A while back, a friend recommended the band Jesus Culture to me.  I had mentioned that I was trying to be purposeful in the way I spent my time, including what music I listened to.  Since then, I've been listening to Jesus Culture radio on Pandora whenever I feel like my focus is getting off and I need to spend time at the feet of Jesus.  I never imagined that music could be so incredibly powerful.  There is one particular song by Jesus Culture that grabs my attention every time.  The words are few and simple, which is usually the best.  There IS power in the name of Jesus.  He CAN break every chain, no matter what is holding us captive.  As you listen to this song, believe it.  I'm speaking to myself as much as to anyone else.  If I truly believed that there was enough power in the name of Jesus to break every chain, how different would my life look?  Believe in the power of the name of Jesus, and be set free! 
There is power in the name of Jesus
To break every chain
All sufficient sacrifice
So freely given
Such a price
Bought our redemption
Heaven's gates swing wide
There's an army rising up



3 comments:

  1. Have you heard "Our God Reigns Here" by John Waller? Your post reminded me of that song. It's an amazing song (imo) about casting out all that is evil in the name of Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't, but I'll listen to it now! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Charissa,
    Thanks so much for your prayers and encouragement. It means so much:) Praying for you as you face the tough stuff of life.

    ReplyDelete