Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Radiant with Joy

           Almost a week has gone by since the last time I blogged!  Time sure does fly by, especially when I work extra shifts!  Sunday was my day off, so of course it was lovely.  Church was incredible - God never ceases to amaze and surprise me.  It's like every day lately He's been saying to me, "Hey, look at this!" about something new, causing me to fall more and more in love with Him.
           A few weeks ago, I dug out the Bible I used in high school, the one that loses Genesis and Ephesians if I'm not careful.  Tucked inside the front cover, I found a small collection of index cards with Bible verses scrawled across them, sometimes on both sides.  At some point I had decided to write out memory cards, which I obviously didn't remember to memorize.  Several of the verses were familiar to me, but one of them in particular stood out to me:
            Psalm 34:5: "Those who look to Him for help will be radiant with joy; no shadow of shame will darken their faces."
            I can't really remember if I stumbled upon this verse during my "month of joy" or not, but lately God has really used it to speak to me.  I am so stubborn, always trying to do things on my own, which only leads to frustration and huge knots in my shoulders.  'Those who look to him for help WILL." It's a promise!  I've been so stressed out about decisions I feel I have to make soon, feeling like I'm in it alone and like the pressure's on to make the right choices.  This verse is so freeing!  If I look to Him for help, I will be radiant with joy and free from shame!  How exciting is that?!  I'm trying to be purposeful about my thinking, leaving my worries at the feet of Jesus and trusting Him to guide and direct my footsteps.  And today, I caught just a small glimpse of what it feels like to be radiant with joy.  To Him be all the glory forever and ever, amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment