Friday, December 23, 2011

Happy Christmas Eve Eve!

Well, I made it back from South Dakota in one piece!  That statement probably doesn't make much sense to those of you who have yet to hear my story, which I will be sharing sometime in the next few weeks.  Just know that it will bring you laughs at my expense....be excited!




The wedding was lovely.  Mariah, of course, was a beautiful bride and I was honored to hand the programs out at the door.  Tirzah manned the guest book (or guest calendar) - we had fun hanging out and looking cute together!  Every time I handed a program to a guest I was tempted to say, "Enjoy the show!"  I respectfully refrained, giggling to myself every time I had the urge to spout the phrase.  However, I thoroughly enjoyed the "show," as did everyone in attendance.  It was truly a winter wonderland, though only on the inside of the church since South Dakota decided to be warmer than Oklahoma that day.  I am so happy for Mariah and Eric and excited that they'll only be living 45 minutes away starting in January!


I can hardly believe that Christmas is two days away!  This year has definitely flown by!  Between working, being sick, and traveling to South Dakota, I haven't taken much time for Christmasey things this month.    



Tonight Josiah, Jeff and I went to Rhema to look at the Christmas lights.  It was so cold!  I couldn't believe it was colder here than it was in Mitchell last weekend. Who would've thought?!  After about 30 minutes of walking around, we could no longer feel our lips and were slurring our words.  Starbucks was much needed after that excursion!



I just love holiday coffee beverages: Caramel Creme Brulee Latte for me, Peppermint Mocha for Josiah, and Eggnog Latte for Jeff.  Yum!  



I watched A Christmas Story with my family after the Rhema excursion.  Definitely one of my favorite Christmas traditions! No matter how many times we watch that movie, it's still hilarious!  I work tomorrow 1p-1a, but I have Christmas Day off!  So glad this weekend is feeling more like Christmas than the past few weeks.  Happy Christmas Eve Eve! 

No comments:

Post a Comment