Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!



Today is Thanksgiving.  I love this holiday. It may just be my favorite.  I don't think I fully realized that until this year, when I was faced with being away from my family on this day.  My family has many traditions, most of which I don't think I ever considered to be traditions.  Maybe simply being together is a tradition.  And I love it.  This morning, my entire family (plus our Thanksgiving guest, Daniel) gathered around the television to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.  We lasted for about 2 hours, just enjoying being together and laughing at the floats/performances.  I try to watch the parade every year, but usually everyone else is doing their own thing until we eat dinner.  It made me so happy that all of us were there, even if it was just watching a parade.  This Thanksgiving, I am more thankful than ever for my family.  They truly are wonderful and I am so thankful they are mine! 


We have been through a lot this year, and God has been faithful through it all.  Time after time He has provided in the times that seemed hopeless.  God is good. And I am thankful.  Happy Thanksgiving! 


 And happy birthday to my Nathanael! I'm so thankful for you, my brother!  You have personified strength these past few months - you are such an inspiration to me.  Thank you for being such a great friend. God has amazing plans for you and I can't wait to watch you experience them.  I love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment