Sunday, November 6, 2011

Finding Strength

As I've shared in a few of my posts over the past month, I have been discovering in a new way how weak I am.  This shouldn't come as a surprise to me.  I am a finite human being: of course I am weak.  But, being the strong-willed woman that I am, I often refused to admit my weakness and receive God's strength.  Well, I am 22 years old, and this method of survival has yet to work for me.  I usually end up flat on my face before I consider asking for help.  Thankfully, God has blessed me with wonderful friends who remind me that God is strong when I can't be and who come beside me in prayer.  He used several of these people in my life this weekend, for which I cannot begin to voice my thanks.  

God keeps reminding me of the words He spoke to Paul in 2 Corinthians 12: “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”  Today, I am struggling to stand on this promise.  The promise that in the midst of my weakness, He is strong.  It doesn't matter how weak I am or what the situation is. He is strong. 

God, your grace is sufficient for me. Make perfect Your power through my weakness. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment