Tuesday, October 4, 2011

31 Days of Joy: Day 4

One day, as I was browsing Pinterest (like every day), I came across a painting that held the words "Today I Will Choose Joy."  Those words struck me as very powerful.  Joy, like so many other things in life, is a choice. Joy does not just find its way into one's heart without an invitation.  I've spent much of my time over the past few years feeling sorry for myself, having pity parties and feeling helpless to crawl out of what I felt were the "depths of despair" ( as Anne Shirley says).  Some mornings, I may not feel like choosing joy.  It's much easier to be in a bad mood or to look on the negative side of things rather than choose to be joyful.  This may simply be because it takes more energy to choose my state of mind rather than just go with the flow of the day.  Today, I will choose joy.  Will you?


No comments:

Post a Comment