Saturday, October 1, 2011

31 days of Joy: Day 1

As I said yesterday, I decided to pick a theme for October's blogging.  The theme that I have chosen to write about is JOY.  Things that bring me joy, what joy is, etc.  So today, I've chosen to write about one of the people in my life who brings me loads of joy: my mother.

I cannot even begin to describe how thankful I am for Mom.  She's not only a terrific mother, she's my best friend.  The older I've gotten, the more I've grown to appreciate what a wonderful person my mother is.  She knows me better than almost anyone (of course!) and knows just what to do to brighten up a down day.  Like today, when I was having a rough day at work, which she didn't even know, she texted and asked if I wanted to go out to dinner for steak and broccoli. May seem like a small thing, but since we're on a terrible diet and can only eat a limited variety of foods, steak and broccoli sounded amazing!  She always says that she never laughs as much when I'm not around, but what I've never told her is that I never laugh as much when she's not around, either.  We have so much fun together!  It doesn't matter if we're laughing or crying, talking about ordinary things or matters of the heart, Mom is a joy to be around.



Mom, thank you for showing me what it truly is to be a loving wife and mother.  Thank you for all of the times you've listened to my troubles through puddles of tears, for all of the times you simply listened and held my hand when words wouldn't help.  Thank you for just being you, for being the beautiful mother and friend who continually brings joy to my heart and a smile to my face. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment