Friday, October 7, 2011

31 Days of Joy: Day 7

Everyone has an activity (or a few) that brings them joy, no matter how many times they do it.  For me, this activity is swinging.  Ever since I was a little girl, I've enjoyed the feeling of weightlessness as I soar higher and higher into the deep blue sky.  I remember talking with my brothers about how swinging should be an official Olympic sport, mostly because it was one of the only things I was actually good at (athletically-speaking).  The other day, I decided to run to the park by our house and spend some time swinging.  As I swung through the autumn air, the bells at the church across the street started to chime an old hymn, so I of course began to sing along.  Those few moments that morning were spectacular.  And I began to think: how often do we take the time to do the simple things that bring us joy?  How much more content would we be if we stopped being busy for just a few minutes and simply swung through the autumn air?  What brings you joy?  Go do it!  Happy Friday!




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for giving me a smile this morning. I might just go swing today. And if this old lady ends up breaking a hip it will be all your fault. :) Happy Friday to you too.

    ReplyDelete