Monday, October 31, 2011

31 Days of Joy: Day 31

At the beginning of the month, I didn't think there was any way I would be able to blog every single day in October over the same topic.  But, alas, it is the 31st of October and I did not miss a single day this month! 


Last night a close friend of mine told me that if I'm determined to do something, I'll do it.  Nobody had ever told me that straight up before.  I have to admit that it surprised me, but after thinking about it for a few minutes, I agreed with him.  I've always thought I had a hard time following through with things, but I've realized that when things really count, I see them through to the end.  Like nursing school.  I kicked and screamed my way through college, but I kept going, keeping the goal in mind.  In May, I was able to walk across that stage with a huge smile on my face, beaming with joy, knowing that I had persevered to the end.  


James 1:2-4 says: Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.


Consider it joy to face trials? Who would ever think that is a good idea?  Yet trials produce perseverance, which produces maturity and completeness.  This doesn't mean we have to smile our way through trials or be happy every second of every day.  It simply means that we should be at peace, finding joy in the midst of trials and hard times, persevering because we know that God has a plan through all of it.  Whatever you're going through right now, find joy, my friends, in the truth that you'll be stronger on the other side, and persevere.  May joy be yours today!  

No comments:

Post a Comment