Thursday, October 27, 2011

31 Days of Joy: Day 27

In the movie Chariots of Fire, the Olympic runner Eric Liddell, when asked why he loves running so much states, "God made me fast. And when I run, I feel His pleasure. "  This quote came to mind as I was running through the rain this morning, struggling to breathe.  


I cannot honestly say that I feel the Lord's pleasure when I am running, but I feel it when I am doing the things that He has gifted me to do.  I have also found that I find the most joy when I am operating within those gifted areas. 




I feel the Lord's pleasure when I write, for writing allows me to be myself and communicate with words that are sometimes difficult to vocalize.  


I feel the Lord's pleasure when I am rocking babies, praying over them and allowing the love of the Lord to flow through me.  


I feel His pleasure when I am at zumba, which allows me to get exercise while doing something I love.  I feel His pleasure when I'm drinking coffee, when I'm laughing, when I'm singing.  When do you most feel the Lord's pleasure?    



No comments:

Post a Comment