Saturday, October 22, 2011

31 Days of Joy: Day 22



As most of you know, I have a special place in my heart for the continent of Africa.  Particularly the country of Kenya, since that's the only country I've been to thus far.  The first time I stepped foot in Nairobi, my heart fluttered and I knew I'd fallen in love.  Everything about the country of Kenya made my heart sing: the people, the clothing, the cities, the villages, the smells, the sounds, the milky tea, the crazy driving.  When I think back on the times I spent there two different summers, I can't help but smile.  God led me to Kenya to be a blessing, to share His Word and His love with those who have never experienced it, but I was instead blessed beyond measure.  I felt such freedom in Kenya: I could speak about the Lord uninhibited, I didn't care if my clothes matched or if my hair was dirty - and no one else did, either!  Everyone I met accepted my team and me like we were old friends and welcomed us into their hearts and homes without question.   The Christians I met there truly saw the "joy of the Lord as their strength" and were not ashamed to share that joy with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment