Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I have been in an anti-blogging mood lately. Mostly because I've been exhausted for the last couple of weeks.  Usually I just need one day of doing nothing to recover after working 3 days in a row, but last week it took me the full 4.  This week, I worked 4 in a row and boy am I feeling it!  It's amazing how I can feel so energized at work, but the moment I let down, my body rebels and won't let me do anything.  Needless to say, I've spent lots of time watching movies, listening to music, pinning pictures, and taking naps.  I hope I can get into a more solid routine soon!

Last weekend, I decided that in spite of working every day, I was going to do something fun every night of the weekend.  I went out for dinner and to a movie with Josiah and the guys on Friday, which was so fun! My friend Bethany and I went to the ballet Saturday night to see "The Merry Widow" - we had a blast!  I'm pretty sure I sat in the only crooked chair in the entire Performing Arts Center, so we of course had a great laugh as I watched the ballet at a slant.  I tried to read the little booklet thing that explained the story line, since nobody talks in the ballet.  Just dancing, of course.  Well, it became obvious during the first scene that I had absolutely no idea what was taking place in front of me.  The first two scenes were spent whispering to Bethany, who would explain the plot.  By the second act, I was too tired to care anymore and just sat back to enjoy the confusion.  Thankfully, I had figured it all out by the end!  Afterwards, Bethany and I went to our favorite coffee shop to listen to the music of Mark Gibson, and independent singer/songwriter.  Chai lattes were the perfect way to end such a fun night!  By Sunday night, I was so exhausted that I went to bed at 7:30!

Tonight, I had the privilege of chauffeuring a missionary couple who came to speak at our church from the airport to Siloam Springs. I had a wonderful time listening to the wife's stories of life as a wife/mother/nurse on the mission field in Africa.  The more she talked, the more excited I became, since that's the life I hope to have some day! Tonight was truly a divine appointment. God is so good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment