Sunday, September 4, 2011

Home Sweet Home

I am blogging from my favorite spot (my very own bed) after a twelve hour day of travel.  I must say, this weekend was thoroughly enjoyable, even though I'm exhausted!  Friday evening, Brooke drove me halfway to Bowling Green, where my dad and grandpa came and picked me up.  That night was spent eating yummy Mexican food (courtesy of my mother and aunt Joella) and catching up with the extended fam.  On Saturday I went consignment shopping with my cousins' wives and my aunt - they are great bargain shoppers!  However, since I'd spent way too much money Friday with Brooke (oops), I came away from the shopping trip with just two pairs of $2 earrings :)

Saturday afternoon, we rendezvoused with the aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents for a lunch of burgers and hotdogs at my grandparents' church (since there's more room there than at the house).  That was the day I decided I must be a good lettuce chopper, since I chopped lettuce for the lunch salad and the night before had chopped lettuce for the tacos.  So, even if my cooking never improves, my home will never lack chopped lettuce!

Tomorrow will be my relax day before three days of work.  So looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment