Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Tomorrow is Thursday

Hello again! Lo and behold, two weeks have passed since I last posted! Here are a few of the things that occurred over the past 2 weeks:

Monday: No work due to the 4th of July. Went to bed early instead of watching fireworks.
Tuesday: Chilled at home to prepare for the NCLEX on Wednesday.
Wednesday: Went to the testing center at 7:30 a.m. to take my long-awaited nursing exam
Thursday: Treked to B-ville with Brooke to visit Jude's coffee shop and meet up with the girls, with whom we then drove 9.5 hours to Sioux Falls, SD.
Friday: Arrived in Sioux Falls at 3:30 a.m. and promptly went to sleep. I got word around 10 a.m. that I passed my NCLEX! I'm now a registered nurse! I had lunch with my cousin Zach in Sioux Falls - it was so good to see him! I had a yummy "vegan" salad at Qdoba, which included mango, lime vinaigrette dressing, and guacamole. Made a trip to Oscar's coffee shop with the girls before driving an hour to Mitchell, where we met up with the other girls from school. We helped finish decorating the church for Tirzah's wedding, which was the next day. Rehearsal dinner and bachelorette party followed. Mariah's house for sleeping (30 minutes out into the country - she lives on a farm!) - fun times slumber-partying it up in the basement!
Saturday: Mariah gave Brooke, Jamie, and I a tour of her luscious garden - oh to live somewhere conducive to growing one's own food! All of us girls then drove into Mitchell, where we promptly found a cute coffee shop/wine bar downtown. I got to see the Corn Palace, which is made entirely out of corn! I must admit that it was rather strange to find a tourist trap way out in nowhere South Dakota. Strange, but also quite fun. Wedding preparations followed, which included eating, putting on cute dresses, and collecting wedding gifts on a specified table. Tirzah was a lovely bride! After the reception, Cyndi, Brooke, Ashley, and I began the long 12 hour journey home. A gas station near the Nebraska border provided much-needed coffee an hour into the trip - it was the best coffee I've had in a long time! We arrived in Bartlesville at 5:00 a.m., after which Brooke and I made it back to Tulsa in record time. We discovered there isn't much traffic on the highway at 5:00 in the morning on Sundays. Surprise!
Sunday: Slept 'til noon, lazed around the house all afternoon, had celebratory frozen yogurt with the fam, went to bed early.
Monday: First day as a registered nurse. Working as an actual nurse, I discovered, is entirely different from being a senior nurse tech. I now have more responsibilities and there are so many details to remember! I came home exhausted and frustrated, determined to do better the next day.
Tuesday: Much better than Monday. Definitely getting more into the groove of being an RN.
Wednesday: Today is my Friday! I liked today. Work was good, I ate lots of yummy food, and even snuck in a small visit to Starbucks to start my library book. I'm reading "Quite a Year for Plums" by Bailey White.
Tomorrow marks the beginning of wedding festivities for my dear friend Brooke. The festivities will begin after my eye appointment and hair cut! I can't wait for my hair appointment - much anticipated and needed! The weekend promises to be wonderfully busy - so excited! Have a lovely Thursday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment