Monday, June 20, 2011

Maybe Just a Few More....

So, since I've been too busy to come up with a subject for a new blog and I will never get tired of coffee, I decided to keep blogging here for a while. Coffee is still a huge part of my life: one cup in the morning wakes me up before the day starts in the ER while coffee around 4 o'clock in the afternoon keeps me going until 7. I am almost certain coffee will remain one of my closest friends throughout my nursing career.

Work is interesting and challenging and exciting. I really love my job. I am a perfectionist, which makes starting new things frustrating, especially when I realize I have no idea what I'm doing. I am, however, getting acclimated to the new environment and the people, which makes the whole experience a bit less intimidating. My newest discovery (actually, I discovered it my first week) is that I do not have shoes that are comfortable to stand in for 12 hours. I guess I'll just have to go shoe shopping this weekend!

The rest of my life right now revolves around studying for the NCLEX, which I will be taking later this summer. I'm so excited about finally being a REAL nurse! Okay, really my whole life does not revolve around studying and working. I went to zumba with Jamie last week - always so fun! My mother is trying to convince me to become a zumba instructor - what an adventure that would be! However, I'm pretty sure my class would be the hippest around. I may actually consider it after I pass the NCLEX and settle into a routine at work. Let the new hobbies begin!

Tonight, I will be going to bed early. Again. I never thought I would get to the point when I would consider 11 o'clock to be way past my bedtime, but I have definitely arrived at that point. Early bedtimes, early mornings - oh, the life of a grown up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment