Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Oh, Lovely Tuesday

Good morning! Needless to say, my life has been a bit busy as of late, which explains why I have not blogged for two weeks. I completed the week long Kaplan NCLEX review course, followed by a weekend trip to Six Flags over Texas. Last week I had three days of orientation at my new job, after which I hopped in my dad's car to trek to Lawrence, Kansas for Jamie's wedding. I went on Wednesday night so that I could have a little extra hanging out time with the bride-to-be. I had never driven for more than 2 hours on my own before and was proud of myself for driving to Lawrence in the rain and the dark, only getting a small bit lost. The highlights of the weekend were coffee with Cinnabon creamer, mani/pedi at Nail Citi with the sisters, mother, and grandmother of the bride, chocolate fondue at the Melting Pot, movie party with college friends, and being a part of the most special day in the lives of two of my dearest friends, Jamie and Jake. I am so blessed!

This week my family (all except Josiah) are in Iowa visiting friends and family. Josiah and I stayed behind due to Josiah's orientation at his job this week and the fact that we're leaving Thursday for Colby, Kansas. Second wedding of the summer: Cyndi and Andrew. I am very much looking forward to spending the weekend with all of my friends yet again! The drive up there should be fun - yay for roadtrips with friends!

I decided that I do not like being home without my family. Yesterday I was incredibly bored, even though we tried to fill the hours with fun things. It is simply too quiet without Mom, Nate, and Ben bustling through the house all day.

Today, I am on my own since Josiah will be at work all day. I started the day by baking chocolate chip banana bread (and since I remembered to grease the pan it turned out great!), working out, watching the Early show, drinking coffee, and spending time with God. It's amazing how much can be accomplished before 9 a.m.!

Now, I must turn my attention to studying for the NCLEX. I do not yet know my testing date, but need to use all of my spare moments (which are few and far between) to prepare as much as possible. I may try to squeeze in some cleaning and reorganizing, since I can only sit in one spot for a few hours before I get restless. Hope that your Tuesday is starting out as beautifully as mine! Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment