Monday, April 25, 2011

And More Rain

I have been home since Wednesday night, since which time I can count on one hand the number of times I have left my house. Since Friday, it has done nothing but rain and storm and rain and storm outside. There have been a few pockets of time during which the sun shone and the sky breaked from crying, but those pockets have been few and far between. However, I have thoroughly enjoyed sitting on my bed and looking out the open window at the birds and squirrels playing outside. Most of my time this weekend has been spent in this position, trying to study but finding every possible excuse to be distracted from doing so. The cool breeze from the window is always happy, even though the sky is gray and the sun is hiding.

Church service yesterday was incredible. Our small building was bursting at the seams with visitors and the presence of the Lord was overwhelming. After church, my mom fixed a big meal of roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy, homemade rolls, spinach salad, and fresh fruit. Yum! I felt full all day. I was so sleepy after lunch, I took a 4 hour nap in the afternoon - bliss!

Today, it is still raining. I have been semi-productive in spite of the sleepy weather. I worked out, studied, surfed the web. I am currently in the process of finding a relaxing vacation spot for after graduation. I can only be gone for a few days, but I would really like some time to just relax and rest before I rush into my busy summer. So far I haven't made much progress but hopefully I'll find somewhere soon!

Tomorrow is my big final. I started studying for this test at least 6 weeks ago, so hopefully my time will pay off. Right now, I must figure out how to get rid of this headache, shake off the sleepiness, and read the last 10 chapters of my book for the test. Enjoy your Monday, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment