Thursday, April 21, 2011

23 days until graduation! 3 tests, 2 papers, and 1 nursing care plan stand between me and my much-anticipated diploma. Hallelujah! As some of you know, I have been counting the days to college graduation (figuratively, of course) since I was 13 years old. The last few weeks, while mostly filled with excitement, have been overwhelmingly full of frustration and tears. I am worn out. Three years of nursing school are enough to wear anyone out, I think. Some days I feel like I can't do it any more - I'm just so tired of the routine. It is at that point that someone, usually my mom or a close friend, points out the fact that I am almost done. I'm almost done! In just a few weeks, all of the hard work I have put in over the past 8 years in preparation for my career as a nurse will all have paid off! The verse that the Lord has laid on my heart as I struggle to persevere through the last few weeks is Philippians 1:6: "being confident of this, that he who has begun a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." He hasn't let me down yet and I trust that He will carry me through the last few assignments.

On a happy note, I got a job! I was offered a job as a graduate nurse a couple of weeks ago. I am so thankful for all of the prayers that have been lifted to the Lord on my behalf as I struggled to discern where I was supposed to go after graduation. I can't believe I will actually be a registered nurse in a few short months. God is so good!

I have a lot of random thoughts of things that have happened lately that I would love to share, but I have lots of studying to do. So, this is all for now, but I shall blog again soon! Happy Thursday! Enjoy the rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment