Sunday, February 6, 2011

Snow Days!

I live in Oklahoma. We get 2-3 snows a year, usually lasting about a day each before the temperature soars, it all melts away, and we forget it even happened. Not so this week. This past Tuesday, a record blizzard swooped across the Midwest United States, dumping 15 inches of snow in my yard. Crazy, right? Yes. Especially since I couldn't even leave my house until Saturday. It felt like Christmas Break the Sequel: sleeping in every morning, wandering around the house trying to find something to do, watching TV for an ungodly amount of hours, and purposely avoiding doing anything productive. Tomorrow is Monday, which means that I will have to drag myself out of bed at 5:30am and go to clinicals, after which a crazy week of classes, studies, and work will begin once again. All I did this week was complain about being snowed in and not getting to see my friends, but when I woke up this morning, I had gained a whole new perspective. God gave me this past week as a gift. Even though only three weeks of school had passed since Christmas break, I was already exhausted and in need of rest. God knew that and He answered with 15 inches of snow! So this morning when I went to church, I was thankful. Thankful for the rest, thankful for the reminder that God knows my every need, and thankful for His strength that renews me every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment