Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Okay, so I really shouldn't be blogging right now because a mile-long list of homework is actively calling out my name. However, my fingers are itching to explain the jumble of thoughts within my crowded brain. Over the past couple of days, in which I've been studying, homeworking, and trying to keep up with friends in the midst of it all, I made a discovery: life is exhaustingly hard. Shocker, right? At almost 21 years of age, I should have discovered that by now. The amazing part is, there is a sense of rightness in the midst of the exhausting hardness. Without the hard moments (or in my opinion, hard days and weeks and months and years), what would life be? It is in the moments when I'm falling apart, when I feel like I can't go on one more day, that my Dad picks me up, kisses me on the cheek, and gives me a fresh burst of energy. My current struggle is this: why, when I know how much He cares for me and that He's holding me, is it so easy to get caught up in the everyday stressors? How much do I remember His love?

No comments:

Post a Comment