Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I love nursing school. Now, if you don't know me, that statement will not sound at all strange to you. However, if you've had even one conversation with me about school over the past two years, you will remember that those words have rarely, okay probably never, left my mouth. Why the sudden change in feeling, you may ask? It's simple: I've found my love. Since before I can remember, I have loved babies with a deep passion that I couldn't voice. It may sound silly, but something about the beginning of life stirs something up in me that can only be explained as joy and curiousity mixed together in a swirl of delight. Thus, my excitement about this semester's nursing classes stems from the fact that my main classes are mother/baby and pediatrics. Oh, the delight! Every time I go to class, I look forward to the day when I will (Lord willing) be a midwife in the wilds of Africa, bringing beautiful babies into the world and living my dream!

1 comment:

  1. you will be an incredible midwife. the dream is coming true faster than you think... i am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete