Saturday, January 9, 2010

Be Still

Last summer, when I was on my way to Kenya for a two-week mission trip, God seemed to keep telling me to be still, to relax and let Him be in control. Half a year later, I still struggle to be still and not stress about life. Why is it so difficult to simply surrender my cares into the hands of the God who created the universe? I am now back at school, wishing I was still home with my family. Worries threaten to crowd my mind, stress me out, and pull me away from my Comforter. I'm in the middle of a struggle with myself - wondering what God has planned in the circumstances around me, circumstances that make my heart hurt and make me want to cry every moment. It is in the midst of this pain, in the midst of a storm that I cannot see through that my Papa speaks these words to my heart: "Be still and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. The Lord of hosts is with us, the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah." Psalm 46:10-11

No comments:

Post a Comment